Divorce settlement and arranging legal separation finances

One aspect of divorce or civil partnership dissolution is that either party can claim against the finances of the other. This can include income, pensions and capital. In many cases agreement can be reached without the need for any court proceedings.

If you can come to an agreement with your soon to be ex-husband or wife, we suggest drawing up a consent order. Once approved by the court, the order will become a legally binding agreement, and means that neither partner can make any further financial claims against the other. We can offer assistance with this, simply call us on 0151 242 5111 and a member of the team will help you further.

Unfortunately, some couples cannot reach agreement and court proceedings are inevitable. With our trained TDP solicitors, we can guide and advise you through the court process, with the aim of achieving the best settlement we can for you.

In terms of the court, they will always aim to place both parties in a fair financial position, with the welfare of any children of the family being paramount. It is always advisable to seek legal advice if court proceedings are issued in respect of the financial side of a divorce or civil partnership dissolution as the orders which the court can make are far reaching and will affect the future lives of both parties.

Enquire Now