Holiday accidents – claims against tour operators or third parties

If you have suffered from a personal injury abroad, you may be able to make a holiday accident compensation claim either against a tour operator or against third parties including motorists or property owners of holiday lets and hotels.

Depending on when you were injured, how you were injured and what injuries you have sustained, you may be able to claim for trauma as well as physical injuries. One thing that can factor your claim is the time frame in which you contact us. The earlier you contact us about holiday accidents, the more we can do for you.

When you take a trip abroad, coming home with an injury just isn’t what you want or plan for. Thankfully, solicitors like us can assist you with legal help, claims, holiday accident compensation and so much more. We can even put you in contact with counselling services, or rehabilitation specialists, in order to help you in your recovery.

What do to after an accident abroad

As soon as you sustain an injury abroad, inform the hotel and authorities if necessary. Then, write down the version of events whilst you can still remember the majority of what happened. This will help us to decide the best action to take in regards to your claim.

Sometimes, holiday claims can be exhausting and hard to understand. This can be down to the country you experienced your injury in. Thankfully, in 1992, the government set up the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulation Act. This aids claims made for personal injury abroad and can help you receive the compensation you deserve. If you booked your holiday independently, you may still be able to make a claim, as hotels, staff and companies all owe you a duty of care. You can find out more about this type of claim by calling or visiting us directly.

What constitutes a claim

If you have experienced any of the following, you could be entitled to compensation:

  • Food poisoning
  • Slips and falls in hotel grounds
  • Slips by the swimming pool
  • Viral infections caused by hotel standards
  • Road accidents abroad

Enquire Now

If you have experienced an accident abroad, the car at fault can be found easily thanks to the 4
th EU Motor Directive 2003. This states that all European cars should be listed in one database, meaning that they can be easily found should you end up in a collision with another European vehicle. If you have experienced a personal injury at the hands of an uninsured driver, you may still be able to claim holiday accident compensation. Call us today on 0151 242 5111 for information on claims, personal injury compensation and other holiday accidents that you could claim for.

Google Rating